Sunday, May 18, 2008

I've been tagged!

I've been tagged by Stephanie from Adventures in Babywearing to list 10 weird or random facts or habits about myself. If you know me this is hard to narrow down, but I've got a list for you.


1.) I talk in my sleep. A Lot. I've been known to hold conversations, in high school my friend Andrea (who sometimes reads this blog, hi!) recorded me gossipping about basically every girl in our high school class. I went on a missions trip where all 30 of us slept in an auditorium together, I WAS TERRIFIED of what I would say in my sleep.

2.) I have a hard time focusing so I'll be doing one thing then start doing something else then something else; ten minutes will go by and I'll have started and stopped working on 4 things without finishing one. It takes GREAT concentration for me to actually complete things. A.D.D. much?!

3.) I sleep diagnally on the bed, much to the chagrin of my husband.

4.) I rarely ever wear any shoes, if I have any covering on my feet it is usually of the flip flop variety. When I went to Haiti for 6 weeks a woman from a nearby village asked if I would pay her for a pedicure. She proceeded to tell me that I had the feet of a peasant, yes I have the feet of someone who doesn't have shoes. I'm a little more vigilant about moisterizing now and very regularly give myself home pedicures, I'm trying to shed my third world peasant feet but still wear flip flops basically every day (I have been known to wear them in the snow).

5.) I take "short cuts" to most places, it usually takes me longer to get there than if I just went the normal way. It makes me happy though because the short cuts usually have more trees. If I drive on congested roads I tend to have road rage because of the lack of prettiness around me.

6.) I have never made "just spaghetti" for dinner. People are constantly telling me how cheap it is or whatever but for some reason I just can't bring myself to do it. I will add something to it like squash or make a bolognase or puttanesca sauce, even that has only happened maybe twice in our marriage.

7.) I get a second wind right around the time when we are going to bed, my husband does not. I spend about an hour every night trying to resist the urge to tickle torture him while he sleeps. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.

8.) Walmart creeps me out, I rarely shop there.

9.) We have had a pirate pinata in our family room for about a year now.

10.) I LOVE hot sauce and have been known to put practically half a bottle on a piece of pizza. We have a "collection" of about 12 various types in our house.

I tag:
Mama K, Berad Family Blog, Kitten Mom, Em In Stitches, Trace and Razor Family Farms!
Have fun girls! :)

6 comments:

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

I share your love with hot sauce and disdain of Walmart!

Steph

Happy said...

I also hate Walmart. Did you ever see the documentary about it? Creepy stuff.

Em said...

Wow! I'll have to think on this a bit and will post mine in a couple days.

Michelle Smiles said...

I hate socks and Wal-mart. I talk in my sleep - but mostly non-sense. And I love good hot sauce (one with flavor not just heat) but not on pizza - my hubby loves it on pizza though. I have to tone down the heat when I put recipes on my blog because we love it spicy.

Anonymous said...

I wish I had interesting factoids to share. I'm going to have to really ponder this one. I know that I am quirky but do I really want to share my deepest darkest with the world? It was hard enough to reveal them to my husband. Hmmm...

I may have to return that tag you placed on me.

Am I a wimp or what?

Blessings!
Lacy

Anonymous said...

Hahaha! I totally forgot about that night! And, I'm with you on the WalMart thing - ew.