Thursday, May 22, 2008

Break My Heart


My heart broke a little this morning when I heard Steven Curtis Chapman's youngest daughter Maria died in a tragic car accident on their property. If you don't know who Steven Curtis Chapman is, he is a gifted songwriter and Christian musician who I've had the pleasure of seeing numerous times. He also is a huge advocate for adoption and founded The Shaohannah’s Hope Ministry (click here to donate) after bringing home their first adopted daughter Shaohannah. They have since adopted two more beautiful little girls from China, the youngest one Maria is the one who passed away. Through their ministry to adopting families they have helped provide funding for over 1700 adoptions. He really has used his platform to help families who have a desire and a yearning to help children in need of a forever family.

Many of my daily reads are women dealing with infertility and adopting, so its become an issue close to my heart as well. Please partner with me to pray for this family for peace and comfort. Also please pray for their son who was driving the car that was involved in the accident, I can't imagine the pain he is going through right now.

1 comment:

Em said...

I just cannot begin to comprehend what this family must be going through! Very sad and what a traumatic thing for all involved. I will absolutely be praying for them. Thanks for sharing, Dirkey.