Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Day 7-Waimea

We went to Waimea beach, this is one of my favorite places on the island.  Once you get passed the initial waves its like a big ocean bathtub, I LUV it!  We took our snorkels out and saw about 5,000 silver fish under us at one point.  They were all swimming around and it looked like they were being herded by these really long pointy fish.  I loved just floating there and watching them swim about.  We swam for about 2-3 hours there, its so nice and calm.  There is a big jumping rock that I went off of last time I was there, the hubs wasn't too interested in jumping 30 ft off of a rock so we just watched the kids do it. 
From there we drove around, got some shave ice's then went to the part of the island that there are not roads.  You can basically drive around the island with views of the ocean until you hit one point; there are no roads to that point and if you want to see it you have to hike it.  We hiked a bit then drove back home and went swimming.

You think I can stay here?  Tomorrow we're going swimming with SHARKS!  AHHH!!!!  Then we're going to see my aunt at the Ko Olina Beach :)

1 comment:

Michelle Smiles said...

I'm dying a little inside as I read these updates. Sounds fab!