Friday, March 07, 2008

Sean

I was 14 and excited to be putting on a "Haunted Woods" at my High School. It was my first official after school activity as a high schooler I felt old, I felt cool. I met a guy who was older and he drove me to get a soda earlier that day, I was invincible. We transformed that little patch of woods with fog machines and strobe lights in the name of ecology, well the ecology club that is, and charged admission. I was pretending to be a corpse with a different guy from a different school, always was a flirt, we were scaring everyone who came by. I was having the best time of my life. Things were going to be different in high school, I was going to be myself, I was going to have fun. I giggled as I put the noose over my head and pretended to dangle from it. A guy walked towards us, we could see him round the corner and the cute boy next to me warned me "Don't wear that around him" referring to the noose. I rolled my eyes naively wondering what could possibly happen. The guy, Sean walked towards me and without even looking at me started wrapping the noose around my neck. It was tight and choking me, I started to panic when I couldn't quite breath. I did the first thing I could think of to get out of the situation, I dropped pretending to faint. Cute boy said "Oh my God you killed her" and Sean ran away. As soon as he was gone I kind of giggled a nervous laugh and pretended I was ok. Inside I was reeling from what had happened. The teacher in charge ran up to me as I left and asked me if what had happened was true. I said it was. He asked me if I was going to tell my parents and I said no.
It was then I realized that high school was going to be the same.
I still google his name sometimes to see if he's in jail

No comments: