Friday, March 21, 2008

Easter Weekend

I hope everyone has a wonderful Easter Weekend.
I've been thinking about the holiday and parts of it have kind of stuck out to me due to some converstaions I've recently had. As Christians on Easter we celebrate when our Savior, Jesus, died on the cross for our sins and rose from the dead three days later. I believe that all men have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, translation we need a savior. Prior to Jesus dying on the cross there were a bunch of crazy things people did to absolve themselves of their sin (read Leviticus), once He made that sacrifice He did the atoning for our sins. We were granted the Holy Spirit to guide us through our day to day lives. I believe that God reveals himself to those who seek him and seek truth, and that we are called to love everyone. I have been shown great mercy through my salvation so in turn I should extend that mercy and grace to those around me. I am not better than those who don't believe in God or the same things that I do. There is nothing I can do that would bring someone to the realization that I have, I am called to love those people and speak in truth. Today I'm resolving to love those around me more, to show them the grace that I've been granted and pray for them.

No comments: