Thursday, February 07, 2008

Tutu-Tacular!


My gorgeous niece Hannah is having a 3rd birthday very soon, and I was trying to think of something special to make her. Well I came up with 3 things; a scarf cause she loves playing with mine, a sock monkey because every child I know needs to have a one of these and finally a tutu cause she's just that type of girl. Hannah loves princesses and all things girlie so a tutu is just up her alley. I went to Mama K for directions because she is the queen of background researching and cause she had just made one for a little girl in her family; she gave me two this one and this one. Looking at both of the directions I realized how easy this tutu business is, the difficult part is cutting the tulle its like trying to wrestle a wet cat it kept sliding all over the place on me. I didn't really follow the directions (surprise surprise) and just kind of made things up as I went along but I'm really happy with the way it turned out. So happy I'm in the middle of making tutu's for Gracie and Meggie for Valentines Day.

Up close and personal so you can see the hot pink rinestones I put in it.
I sooo want to make one of these for me :)

1 comment:

mama k said...

so fun! I wanted one for me too when I was done. LOL