Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Superbowl Party Food!

So you all know I had a little Superbowl shin-dig. You also know that the most important element to a Superbowl Party is the food.
I'm going to clue you in on what worked for us and what didn't.
As far as appetizers we had Chips, Pretzels, Tortilla's-worked
French Onion Dip, Veggie Dip-Worked

Football Cheese Dip Worked. This looked soo cute on my Football plate and got some good reviews on the taste as well.
Spinach and Artichoke Dip-Worked and was sooo good!!!
Homemade Salsa-DID NOT WORK-problem was I put everything in the food processor just mushy ingredients. I SHOULD have just finely chopped everything, live and learn.

Ham and Cheese Calzones-Worked was a modified version of this recipe

Asian Chicken Skewers-Worked (Just took Asian Salad Dressing and marinated chicken in it, cut into strips and put on skewers and grilled).

Jalapeno Poppers-Oh my gosh did these work. I think they are some type of aphrodisiac as well, sooo good. Mama K brought over the recipe and has it on her site.

Bacon/cheesey/cracker things-worked, another Mama K find. Are you noticing a trend here with Mama K's recipes??? Also sorry about the picture I didn't have any baked pictures of this yummie treat.
My Good friend Mel also brought over a yummie Mexican Layer Dip mmmm!!!!
My brother and his wife brought over a nice big salad
I also chopped up a bunch of veggies for a huge veggie tray-to try to dislodge some of the cholesterol from the rest of the food :)

For Dinner I served Chili, worked not many people seemed to hungry after all the apps. That is until the dessert.

For dessert we served

New York CheesecakeThis worked so yummie and creamy. Recipe read like a dream too, very easy to prepare this is the dessert that lead me to predict the New York Win. :)


Boston Cream Pie This did NOT WORK, I hated this recipe. I feel like I need to do it again just to do it right but me and this cake did not get along. I think I need to walk away from it for a few years and maybe try again.


My mom's Brownie/Ice Cream Cake-Boy did this work!!! Take brownies and bake in 9" rounds fill center with ice cream and ice with Chocolate Frosting. As you can see my mom was in denial that the Eagles were not in the Superbowl.



So yeah, Schmoop and I are on a Veggie and Fruit fast for the rest of the week to try and rid our bodies of all that bacony goodness :) Also we had a great time, its always nice to have friends and family over. We set up Rock Band in our Family Room and had the Superbowl going in the Living Room. Made for a fun party. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok, when I get home tonight I'm heading over to Mama K's blog to get the poppers recipe. YUM!!!!

Trace