Monday, February 11, 2008

The Great Television Turn Off

So the hubs decided that this week we are not turning on the television. We're doing it old school and reading, listening to music and ****gasp**** talking. We both have things to study for, me for my Doula certification as I have my training class next week and he is studying for more networking certifications cause he's smart like that. Today is the first day and its a little weird. I'm a big background noise person, growing up in a large family you get used to living with a certain amount of insanity. So generally I will turn on the tv, radio and talk on the phone when I'm cooking dinner, its just whats normal to me. Not having that noise and commotion takes a little getting used to, it is nice though. We'll see if I can make it through the week without my smut. Now if he said no internet for the week, I think I would have started shaking and going into convulsions. :)
Take the challenge too, see if you can handle it. At least you know you won't miss any episodes of the office!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like to turn music on when I'm in the kitchen. We live in a split level and the kitchen is on a separate level...it's lonely. I could easily do the TV stoppage.
Trace

Jessica Lewis said...

great idea! it's amazing how much you can get done without the TV on. ... although,we have DV-R - and that makes all the difference to me. I can watch more "quality" tv - with no commercials... ha! -- we've had satellite since Cali was born... it was the only way we could stay awake some of those long nights!