Friday, February 22, 2008

Friday Smack Down!!!!

So this Sat, the hubs and I went to Melting Pot to celebrate Valentines Day. Yes, I think it is a lame holiday that people made up but I do love celebrating anything and it gives us a good reason to go to Melting Pot. The Melting Pot is a fondue restaurant that is sooo good, usually we start off with some drinks, then move to the cheese fondue (with bread, apples and veggies as dippers), then comes the salad, followed by the meat course that you cook in a broth with tons of dipping sauces, all of this topped of by chocolate fondue with cheesecake, brownie bites, fruit and marshmallows as dippers. Yes, this is a Weight Watcher's worst nightmare. I was sweating this dinner because even with my weekly allowance of overage points that I'm allowed there is no way Melting Pot fits into the Weight Watchers guidelines. We went and had a lovely time, there is a new one down in Atlantic City that the set up is just lovely. We scored a VIP table which is in its own private room with its own door, it was so romantic being served in our own little room. So following this I tried to rectify the week by eating raw for breakfast and lunch and then basically did a vegetarian dinner exept for one night. I did eat all my points every day. I went to Weight Watchers last night and I'm down 1lb, I'd hate to think of the carnage that would have been if I didn't do a little damage control after Melting Pot. So I'm very happy with my 1 pound loss and now I'm at a respectable 15.6lbs gone total. This weight loss has been a little slower than I would like but I know I'm making very positive changes and cutting out things that just aren't good for me. When I lost weight before I ate lots of diet foods and just ate weird things, for example I would "save up" my points to eat out at a fast food place for a meal. This time I really feel like I am making life changes, I notice myself paying attention to what I eat and really attempting to eat the best I can for me. Eating lots of Organic fruits and Veggies, incorporating Legumes more into our day to day, cooking things from scratch without preservatives and harmful chemical additives. In general I feel like I'm making some life changes that will benefit my health and my future, when we do become parents this will help our kids have a healthy upbringing and prayerfully bring them up with a healthy relationship with food and nutrition.

1 comment:

mama k said...

yay for a loss! gotta love melting pot, but definitely need damage control after that place. :)