Tuesday, June 03, 2008

The Shift

It started a long time ago in my heart but gained perspective and vision in the past year. Moving beyond what is expected and towards the beautiful. My hands relish the time spent kneading dough, scrubbing floors and digging in my garden. My nose enjoys the smells of fresh baked bread, roses and Fells Naptha. My skin enjoys the feeling of a soft breeze on my arms. My pocket book is full of gratitude with the fruits of our budgeting, having money where it is needed and not wasting. My eyes drink in the things that we have taken part in creating; the beauty in a soft flower, a neatly planted vegetable garden, a nicely laid table, fresh scrubbed bathroom, a clean sink, a full pantry. Its amazing what a little simplicity will do for your outlook in life.
June and July are the busy times for me for Work, sometimes its harder to focus on how satisfying these things are when you feel like you're running around like a chicken with your head cut off. I'm trying to focus on slowing down when I do get home and finding joy in the things that I set my hands to doing and also making some quality time with my dear hubs.

No comments: