Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Update: hawaii and election

So, wow, I just printed my boarding passes. I'm kind of in a state of shock that we're actually going to Hawaii. I made a list of stuff to pack and stuff that needs to get done before we leave. I have all my laundry done and changed the sheets on all the beds for the house sitter (well except for the master bedroom will do that tomorrow morning before we leave). I'm tying up the loose ends at work so my mind won't wander to the things that need to be done as I'm sitting on the beach.
I will be bringing my computer and probably blogging the trip so you can pretend its you sitting in paradise.

I feel incredibly blessed to have the opportunity to do this, its frightening though in this economic climate to spend so much money.

I'm politically burnt out. After watching all the ads and reading up I'm realizing that I don't agree with either canidate or either party. In the past I've strongly aligned myself to one party so this kind of comes as a shock to me. I think we need a drastic change and not one that can be brought about by Republican or Democrat. I think we need to get back to our roots as a country and start pairing back the government to what it was set out to be. I encourage all of you to do your research as to how our government started out. I will be voting but it won't be for one of the two major parties. Maybe my vote won't get someone elected but at least I can vote with clear conscience that I stand behind my vote and don't feel like I'm choosing the lesser of two evils.

2 comments:

mama k said...

Yay for your vacation! Enjoy it! I think every couple deserves one kick-a$$ vacation before they start having kids. You'll look back fondly on this trip for all the years to come. :)

Marissa said...

I hear ya on the election front. I have turned off the tv and will not read a newspaper because I can't support any of it. I don't have a solution, but I refuse to fuel the problem. Have a great trip, and don't worry about the expense; you've got to enjoy the moment, at least once in a while!