Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Oh be careful little fingers how you type websites in

So I'm well versed in accidentally (and innocently I might add) finding websites that I really didn't intend to. When I was back working at the mortgage company I wanted to look up a local sporting goods store to see if they carried something. I just typed the name of the store + .com; what popped up was NOT the sporting goods store. Well the name of the sporting goods store was D*cks so maybe I should have seen that coming but I didn't and I was in the middle of this giant room with a screen full of something other than sporting goods. Can you say MORTIFIED?
My SIL Reneebob had the same problem yesterday. You see, I got her hooked on a certain celeb gossip queen. Yes I know, I'm ashamed to admit it but I do read some of them. Poor Reneebob was just looking for some good humor but accidentally typed net instead of com and she got something entirely different. Oh jeez.
So the moral of this story its probably just easier to google then click through.

2 comments:

*shell* said...

I accidentally visted that sporting good store website too...yikes!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, have I ever done this before! I looked up White House once to settle a discussion with Josh on how many Christmas trees they put up each year or something and got something HORRIBLE.

Blessings!
Lacy

P.S. Sorry to vanish on you. Things have been crazy this summer!