Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Bragging on my McHottie

So I mentioned that I went to Minnesota to help my sister Anna with her new little one (picture and post to come) for a week. What I didn't point out that this was the 6th week in our 11 month marriage that Schmoop and I have been apart. I'm definitely not complaining because I know there are many families that have separations that are much worse than that! Having time apart I think has been at least partly a blessing, you know the old addage "absence makes the heart grow fonder". Its true I think when I'm away from my Schmoop I realize how much I truly to miss him and how blessed I am to have him as my partner in life. Also if I never left I would never get to come home to this face.


He came to pick me up from the airport with this beauty.


Its 24 other friends were waiting for me at home.


What I love about this is that they are Gorgeous flowers, it definitely shows that he thought of me and also he got them from a friend that works for a flower wholesaler to I know he didn't pay an arm and a leg for them. To me that is so much better than just going online and getting something from a florist it takes that extra step to do frugal gift giving and I'm thankful I have a man that will go that extra step for me and for our future.

No comments: