Monday, December 31, 2007

"The" New Years Post

So here we are the last day of 2007, rolling into 2008.
The highlights:
I got HITCHED!!
Yeah, I married the most amazing person I've ever met. It still shocks me how much I love him, I don't think I ever knew I was capable of such love. Its been interesting being a wife, learning to balance the house, our relationship and my relationships with everyone around me. Having another family has been nice but difficult at times, you kind of get used to your own families disfunction its weird to learn anothers.

I moved for the last time for a good long while!


Became a homebody for the first time in my life.
This is actually a good thing, this is the first time I've actually felt like I had a home. Its a nice change to love my house and actually feel peaceful in it.

Started living without debt and on a budget.
About 5 days before the wedding I made my last payment on my credit card debt. Our house was bought well within our means so we don't stress on our mortgage payment and have been able to save a tidy amount. Not nearly as much as we wanted but we've also done some big ticket stuff (my camera, our tv, our trips to Chicago and Hershey).

Goals for this year:
Live Simpler-buy less, make more, reuse what I can.
Make time for friends-both mine and Schmoops, stop being such hermits :)
Make time for ourselves-establish a date night for Schmoop and I
take time for a walk every day
Make time for me-Keep going to weight watchers, take time to journal every day
make time for reading bible and praying.
Spiritual-Find a new church closer to our house, do devotions as a couple.
Creatively-Keep working on my photography, writing, various crafts
Personal Goal-Finish all my Doula books, Doula training class and volunteer at a pregnancy center.


Thats about all I got.

No comments: