Monday, January 08, 2007

Dread Dread Dread

So when Schmoop and I got our house, I had all these plans about what we want to do wtih it. I heard numerous times just wait till you start painting that will all change. Well we've painted two rooms (primer and two coats) and I like painting.. Granted, I'm not too good at it, but I like it. Its kind of fun getting paint all over your clothes and completely changing a place to make it your own. As I paint I imagine where I want my furniture to go and what color curtains. The painting itself I don't mind at all.
Cleaning out the paint brushes, now thats a different story. With my pruny hands I'm typing that cleaning paint brushes sucks butt..

Wedding update, invitations are all written out. I am waiting on the Hugs and Kisses stamps to come out from the post office. If you're a new reader, Schmoop and I had our first date at Hershey Park and got engaged there. Our favors are Hershey Bars with our information on them and now the stamps have a little flavor to them as well :)

3 comments:

schmoop said...

Painting - not a big deal
Painting and planning a wedding that's 3 months out after just having moved to the state so i gotta get everything changed over while having a new job the entails driving the schuylkill (sp?) all the way to king of prussia everyday - pain in the @$$

Dirkey said...

poor schmoop, good thing you have such an AWESOMELY WONDERFUL Fiance.. :)
Love you!

Happy said...

UGH!!! The KOP drive for your Schmoop, that stinks! We call that dreaded road the shurekill in our household.

I know what you mean about making the house your own. In our old house it was our mission to erase the previous owners and their circa 1980 style. Now our new house was erased by the previous owner and it is beautiful and perfect. I have been loving the minimalist look, but am starting to feel a little antsy and want to hang some pictures on the walls.