Monday, January 22, 2007

Blogging for Life

Hi out there, I've been reading alot of my blogs tonight and found out today is Blogging for Choice and I decided to Blog for Life. I'm very pro-life, I was born and raised into a Catholic Family of six kids, so its probably not such a shock to most. I have always enjoyed being around kids, I find that women look the most bueatiful when "with child" and every time I see a newborn baby I honestly believe it is the most amazing thing I've ever seen in my life. Today I just want to share with you the most amazing story of life that I know of.
I have an older sister Karen, and growing up I was always told that Karen couldn't have kids. She is 14 years older than me and when I was younger she always took care of me. She used to have me do weekends down at her house and I would have a blast with her and her husband. I remember her spoiling me when it came to Christmas and just waiting for her to notice if I had my hair a certain way or a new outfit. When I got older and my nieces and nephews came into the picture she treated them the same way, like they were her children. She was a great sister and an amazing aunt but I knew that she always wanted her own child. She and her husband started doing invitro-fertilization a few years back, and she got pregnant with twins. When she told me about it I was so scared I was going to lose her, but also so incredibly excited about having twin neices/nephews. I immediately put her on the prayer list at church and I prayed like crazy for my sister and her little babies. She ended up losing the one twin early and I was devistated, I really thought that everything would be ok and that she would be able to have both kids. I just kept praying for her, there were soo many people praying for them. The months wore on and she got big. Finally on Thanksgiving we got a call that she was going in the hospital, Karen was due around Valentines Day. The week went by so slowly waiting to see what would happen. On December 3rd my sister had a c-section and delivered a little boy. Mason was born 2lbs 2 oz's and went directly into the neo-natal intensive care unit. I went down that night but wasn't able to see him, the next time I went to visit I finally got to see my nephew Mason. It was the most amazing sight I've ever seen in my life. I remember being so amazed as I left that I couldn't help crying. Mason was so tiny he didn't even look real. When he moved his hands or his head I just couldn't even believe he was a real baby. He had a tough time in the hospital, it was touch and go for awhile and there was one point where he flat lined. Eventually around his intended due date he came home with a heart monitor. I got to hold him for the first time when he was home and it was amazing. He was such a tiny infant but he had such an old soul. Mason grew strong and is a crazy 4 year old now who loves Karate, swords, Jason, and his Gracie; I couldn't imagine my life without my little Godson.
I'm not here to judge or to look down on anyone, I just pray for anyone who is in the position that they have to make a choice. There are so many options and so many people who can't have a child who would love yours if you'll let them.