Friday, November 10, 2006

Soap Box

So I've been reading everyone's blogs for NABLOPOMO and one thing that has really bothered me is all the political posts. Mainly I align myself with the conservatives, which isn't to say that I feel like I am represented by the republican party. I've become disallusioned with the whole thing. Our country has strayed so far from where we started. Have our leaders read the Declaration of Independance lately on what is/isn't the governments role in society? Throwing money around, raising taxes, government sponsored health care, welfare; is this what we really signed up for? I know, I know nasty comments are going to be posted; I DO believe you should help people that are in need, I DO NOT believe that it should fall on the federal government to do so. We need to take some initiative and stop throwing money at a problem and get our hands dirty and help fix it. Whens the last time you went out and helped at a food kitchen, took your extra jackets around a city to give away, gave the rest of your lunch to someone on the street, visited people in a nursing home, played basketball with the kids in your neighborhood. I'm including myself in this, I haven't done nearly as much as I should do in this area. We need to take steps to fix what we can where we are, if we all did this we wouldn't have the national problems that we do have.

I took the long rambly way around it, but I'm just asking does it matter? republicans-democrats, are we really picking what we feel is the best party or are we picking the lesser of two evils?


-------
revisiting..
It was pointed out that the Declaration of Independance doesn't have anything to do with this post... And after thinking about it it doesn't. I was trying to say that our leaders haven't revisited why this country was established and should review the Declaration of Independance, the Constitution, The Bill of Rights. It seems to me that somewhere along the line we fell away from the course that we started on.
Thanks Anonymous! You can always post your names in comments, I don't get upset if I'm misquoting, wrong or whatever call me on it. I'd rather know and correct it than go on being ignorant!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice message, but I don't know what it has to do with the Declaration of Independence.