Friday, March 05, 2010

70X7

Matthew 18:21-22
21Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, "Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother when he sins against me? Up to seven times?"

22Jesus answered, "I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times.


Wow this is so hard for me sometimes. I'm struggling right now with forgiveness and here's the thing. The person that has hurt me, they probably don't even realize/care that they have. I am called as a Christian to love them and forgive, but for some reason this one is really hard for me. I keep thinking that I do act like this to God all the time, and he forgives me. Where would I be without that forgiveness, I shudder to even think. So how do you forgive when people don't ask for forgiveness and to confront them is to call them a liar. I'm at a loss but I'm praying that God will continue to work on me, that I will love as I'm called that God will grant me wisdom to know how to deal with people like this.

Any suggestions?



-This person, to my knowledge, does not read this blog and I'm trying to keep as anonymous on it as I can so no guesses please.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is it your handsome brother, Wil? ...Or is it that ugly, big nosed Walter?

Dirkey said...

Oh crap Wil didn't know you read.... please disregard..lol :)

Anonymous said...

Who says this is that good looking, funny Wil? My name is anonymous.

Dirkey said...

usually when people describe Wil the words big head and unusually short legs are somewhere in the description

Anonymous said...

I'll work on forgiving you for that.....for Wil's sake. Not that I'm Wil.

Anonymous said...

I'll work on forgiving you for that comment.......for Wil's sake. That handsome devil really didn't deserve that. Do people really say he has a big head? I've always thought it made him look like an intellectual.

Anonymous said...

Ah the big headed one is Wil, wow you'd think i could keep that straight. Big head-Wil.....big nose-Walter....short legs-Wil.....shut up-Walter......big head- Wil.....i'll keep working on it...........

Em said...

It is a difficult thing to forgive and even worse when they person doesn't ask or if it's someone you won't see again. But I've learned through personal experience that forgiveness is not an act between you and the person who wronged you...it's between you and God. And, let me tell you, the release that you feel when you do get to the point of forgiving this person is truly amazing. I'll be praying for you!