Monday, November 03, 2008

Rustic Butternut Squash with Linguini

Oh mama thats the stuff.
I was trying to think of what to make with a yummie looking butternut squash that I have had.  Today I was inspired by one of my favorite reads, Apartment Therapy The Kitchen when they had an article about how butternut squash tastes amazing roasted with butter and thyme.  
I thinly sliced my squash and roasted it in layers with sliced portabellos, mozzerella, provolone, lots of fresh garlic, pepper, salt, onion powder, thyme, sage and pats of butter.  When it was all layered up I poured about a half cup of cream on top. I put this mixture in the oven at 450 degrees until it bubbled and the squash was tender.
I mixed this into some linguini and let me just say FANTASTIC!!!
A really nice rustic tasting fall dish :)

1 comment:

ctf said...

yum... that sounds a lot better than the boiled and mashed squash I made last night.