Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Creation Recap and Detox

So you all know that last week I went away for work and it was an amazing week. There were alot of highlights for me. The most noteable probably was Melody Green talking about her and her husband Keith's ministry. I had read No Compromise about 10 years ago, which is a book Keith Green had written that made a tremendous impact on me and on my faith. Other highlights were seeing friends that I only get to see once or twice a year (boo geography for keeping our states so far away!), seeing new to me artists (I now love Skillet and Flyleaf), and also just seeing a years worth of work come to fruition and see God use what we put our hands to for His glory. For all the fun involved it was also was a tremendous amount of work with most of us pulling at least 17 hrs a day (my boss was easily doing 20+). We all drove home on Sunday and thankfully the hubs had met me up there on Thursday night and was able to drive our car home. I literally slept 80% of the car ride home then promptly fell asleep on the couch and slept until 10 am Monday morning. The no sleeping came with a side of crappy eating (lots and lots of coffee and free access to fair type foods). I did try to grab veggies when I could but it was maybe a handful a day. Needless to say my body is not too happy with me, it feels as if I have a sinus infection, and I think I could sleep for another 3 days easily. So I've decided that I'm doing the whole Vegan thing again for at least the next two weeks until west. Hopefully it will clear out of my system a good amount of the junk that has accumulated there and kind of get me back on track with my eating. I feel like I've been treading water with my weight for the past year despite working at it and following weight watchers most of the time. I'm going to use this time to really focus on this and changing habits. I know its going to take awhile but I also know it can be done. I just pray that I would have the strength and endurance needed to finish this race.
I went on my lunch break to Whole Foods and picked up about $80 worth of veggies for my veggie/juicing blitz. I'll be breaking out my Christina Pirello books and my imagination to cook up some yummie treats for us. As a change from last years Vegan August I will not be incorporating any soy into our diets as soy and I are not friends. I will be relying heavily on my friends, the Legumes. I'm going to try to cut out any processed Vegan foods (except whatever I bring for west if I decide to do it while I'm there). I'm also going to add in the juicing as I've discovered that I love me some beet juice in the morning. Hopefully in the next couple of weeks I'll start harvesting my garden as well.

5 comments:

Melody Strayer said...

Dear Kristi,

1) Can I be your non-lesbian girlfriend?
2) Do you do WW Core or Flex? I did WW before I got pregnant and had a lot of success with it... now it's a lot harder for me to be disciplined.
3)Beet juice? Really?

Dirkey said...

Dear Melody,
1.) I thought you were already, dude why is Lancaster soo far!!!
2.) I do flex, but everything I will be eating will fall into Core so I guess core for the next two weeks.
3.) I am soo for reals on that. Throw a beet, some carrots, an apple and a lemon in the juicer and I am one happy purple pooping girl! (yes its fuschia)
-amen

mama k said...

Welcome home!

I can testify that Beet/carrot/apple/lemon juice is some seriously yummy stuff. Kinda like a healthy sweet/tart.

However, I do not consume enough to make my poo purple.

Melody Strayer said...

PS.

Dear Kristi,

1)I do not own a juicer, but in the interest of fuschia excrement, I may be purchasing one.
2)I forgot to mention that Melody Green may have been the highlight of my summer, perhaps my life, as well. Though it may be obvious, my mom named me after her. And I think that No Compromise was an awesome book, as well. All the more reason why we should be friends.

Dirkey said...

Dear Melody,
1.) Its totally worth it (Kaiya you know I'm a go big or go home type of girl so it shouldn't surprise you :)
2.) You need a blog.