Friday, June 16, 2006

Would you eat it? Lightfile Smart Strips-serving 1pt

Last night I drove to the grocery store looking for something low in points for dinner. I was over in the organic section of the produce department and saw Smart strips. Hmmm interesting, chicken strips made out of something other than chicken. Not such a big draw because i'm not vegetarian (this week anyway), but i turned it over and 3oz for 1 point!! I made my decision ladies and gentleman!!

I sauteed these with 1/2 vidallia onion, one green pepper, one red pepper, a little bit of water and some spices. And the outcome is this:


The whole thing was two points, if you wanted you could have added some essential oils and increase the points, but i was going for straight low point foods. This ended up being pretty good, the "chicken" had a strange consistancy, kind of like the "chicken" you get at some fast food places. It actually had a chicken flavor which was a little disconcerting to me since it wasn't chicken but hey, it was two points. That amt of chicken would have been 6pts.
Overall i would eat it again.

No comments: